If you are new to sustainable living, you may ask yourself where to start? Here are some easy ways to make your life eco-friendlier, without major lifestyle changes or huge time commitment.
One of the easiest ways is to reduce single use products and swapping them out with reusable items. Since every individual’s product usage is different, check what your non-recyclable trash is and start to swap out single use and non-recyclable items with reusable, recyclable, or degradable products. Even though the initial cost may be higher, in the long run you will save money with reusable products.
Here are a few easy swap options
- Plastic grocery bags -> Reusable grocery bags
- Single-use paper towels -> Swedish dishcloths
- Cling wrap -> Beeswax wraps
- Styrofoam containers -> Bento boxes and soup containers
- Plastic straws -> Bamboo or Silicone Straws
Since there are many more single use products that you can swap, just start with the ones that you use most and go from there.